Customer Support Team Lead EMEA
Remote (anywhere in the UK)
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
About the team
Our Outbound Customer Support team advises and guides a wide variety of customers to proactively help adopt our platform and drive our business further. They do this through targeted engagements with customers at scale.
About the role
In this role, you will develop and grow in a world-class Customer Support team to retain and grow our 60,000+ customers globally.
We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. As a member of our Success group that sits alongside the Support team, you'll collaborate with Customer Support specialists and represent the unified customer's voice across the company. As your knowledge and experience grow, you’ll have opportunities to help inform our product roadmap to always build something people want.
In this role you will be primarily proactively making outbound phone calls; you will be handling live chats and handling email responses to your allocated accounts.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- Lead and develop your team to deliver on target by monitoring the daily/weekly/monthly performance of the team
- Setting tactical goals at individual and team levels to achieve OKR’s
- Obsessing over analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics
- Liaise and work closely with other stakeholders in the business to improve cross-functional collaboration to drive activation and product usage
- Provide regular updates on team performance to the Management team and proactively highlights any risk or gaps in achieving the target
- Actively drive the agenda to put forward the needs of our customers as well as leverage every opportunity to streamline processes to reduce effort and enhance customer experience
- Researching new tools which will further improve customer experience
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and best practices in the industry to ensure that GC is always ahead of the curve
- Undertake projects and other duties determined by the Head of Support
- Provide cover for the Customer Support team as and when required
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about Customer Success & support
- You’re a leader and a teacher
- You have experience in creating and nurturing high performing teams
- You love solving problems and can adapt quickly to change
- You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience
- You make smart choices, and prioritize well
We're looking for bright, empathic people to join our team Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm (40 hours per week) and provide first-rate support and guidance primarily to our UK and European users.
This is a 12-month contract role with the strong possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs