Technical Support Engineer 3, Voice
Remote - US
TwilioConnect with customers on their preferred channels—anywhere in the world. Quickly integrate powerful communication APIs to start building solutions for SMS and WhatsApp messaging, voice, video, and email.
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our USA Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing technical role. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role).
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets.
- Able to work standard USA working hours and a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections. Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- BE AN OWNER: Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be asked to work the following shift; Sunday - Thursday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM PT. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$74,944 - $103,048
Rest of CO:
$65,576 - $90,167
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs