As an Engineering Manager at Tanium, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of brilliant software engineers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, user experience designers, technical documentation team and senior leadership to drive development of Tanium’s unified endpoint management and security platform.
What you'll do:
- Build exceptional teams of highly qualified and high-performance engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Work closely with product managers, UX design engineers and other teams to define the vision and roadmap with a focus on the needs of Tanium’s customers.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support while nurturing a collaborative, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Team with other managers to coordinate on requirements, dependencies, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead by example, leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure that the team consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Work with senior engineering leaders to adjust the composition of the team and create new teams as necessary to respond to changing business needs.
- Effectively manage projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Ensure delivery of supportable, scalable, and performant software by the team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years managing high-performing engineering teams
- 10+ years designing, developing, testing, and deploying software products
- Proven track record of architecting and delivering enterprise-level reliable and scalable solutions
- A thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software as a Service (SaaS), etc.
- Outside the box/first principles thinker who can come up with pragmatic solutions
- Keep up with industry trends and can assess and utilize new technologies to help solve problems
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs