We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst or Manager level candidate to join our Analytics team.
The Analytics and Insights job family is responsible for providing data driven insights to the business to improve decision making. These are embedded analytics teams that live in the functional areas and provide data requirements to the centralized data team.
For this particular role, you will be working closely with Sales Finance and will require Salesforce and Strategic Analytics experience, preferably in a B2B setting.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Business Partnership: Own one stakeholder relationships regarding either business strategy, corporate metric forecasting, go to market, product strategy, pricing strategy and functional strategy needed to answer GitLab’s hardest questions.
- Partner with executive team members across the company to provide data driven decision support using your analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Highly skilled in being able to provide analysis and scientific data to answer GitLab’s toughest analytical questions.
- Financial Modeling: Build bottoms up decision support models to measure and drive key decisions in the business.
- Communication: Prepare and review visualizations of all types of data to promote internal understanding of your team's insights. Expert influencer to our executive team. Clearly articulate insights.
- Data Science Modeling: Design, implement and apply analytics techniques (e.g., optimization, machine learning, experimentation, mathematical modeling) using analytical tools and programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SAS). Be comfortable with a boring solution such as a heuristic when it helps drive the insight.
- Data Driven Insights and Analysis: Summarize key data driven insights to members of the executive team to drive better outcomes, an increase in revenue or decrease in cost. Provide insights across the company.
- The ability to discover data gaps and provide requirements to the Data team and to product management for the proper logging and data repositories.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team, product leadership, and our Data team.
- Support the Product function with revenue insight analysis for growth and pricing teams.
- Support the Finance function with corporate metric forecasting and driver analysis.
- Business Insights: deep understanding of business models and ability to identify opportunities to apply rigorous data analytics methods to formulate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Stakeholder Partnership: be a trusted advisor to stakeholders and execute appropriate analysis to add value to and influence stakeholder decision making.
- Analytical Modeling: ability to formulate models for segmentation, sizing, prediction and forecasting.
- Data Subject Matter Expert: Identify data gaps and document it for our product, data and IT teams. Improve your personal data workflow.
- Testing and test design: Follow A/B testing best practices, execute analysis for A/B tests, experiments across multiple functions.
- Presenting Data and Insights: make dashboards, visualizations and presentations to advance decision making power in the company.
- Mentorship: mentor analysts on the team.
- Be a culture definer and evolver of GitLab Values.
- Experience with Salesforce and working with Sales as your main stakeholder.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in SQL; R, Python preferred.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to create financial models that follow industry best practice. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- A/B Testing experience: experience designing and executing A/B tests in collaboration with growth or product teams.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to influence EVP priorities and company strategy.
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders.
- BS degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree. MBA preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Experience recommendation: 7-10 years of experience in a consulting or analytics role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- 1-2 years of experience managing analysts.
- 7-10 years of analytical modeling experience, SQL required, Python and R experience preferred.
- 7-10 years experience contributing to data modeling.
- 3-5 years experience in developing dashboards and visualizations.
- 3-5 years experience with test design and analysis, preferably in the high tech industry.
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics is a big plus.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP is a plus.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs