Director of Engineering, Developer Productivity and Quality Engineering
Remote - United States
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Our Quality Engineering team:
- We help engineers at Dataminr iterate faster, ship high-quality products, improve efficiency, and set best practices.
- Our vision is to enable software development at massive scale, but with the ease and speed of a startup.
- We build tools and frameworks that service the software development lifecycle (SDLC) with a focus on manual & automated testing, CI/CD, quality assessments, and incident management.
- Our customers are engineers at Dataminr, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
Who you are:
You're a senior engineering leader with experience in full stack development. You understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, and development standpoint and can effectively translate them into strategies and solutions. You are comfortable with a cross disciplined engineering team and work well with other technical leaders and business stakeholders.
As a Director of Engineering at Dataminr, you'll work with product, AI research and engineering teams to deliver world class quality products to our growing set of clients. As our company grows, you will also hire, build, mentor and develop your teams.
You’re passionate about engineering quality, product operations quality, and productivity for large scale data driven companies, and have a proven track record of building, driving, and assimilating tools, processes and best-practices for supporting engineering for consumer facing businesses.
- Set the vision, direction, and strategy for engineering effectiveness and quality engineering at Dataminr.
- Initiate and drive engineering standards, processes and frameworks to be used by all of engineering to enable and safeguard development quality and consistency throughout the SDLC.
- Lead our Quality Assurance team, supporting all our products.
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders across engineering, AI, product, and design to plan, develop, and assimilate quality engineering, and deliver new products and features.
- Drive innovation around cross-environment testing and integration of AI models into our products.
- Provide career growth plans, coaching and direction for team members, as well as grow leaders in the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading and supporting large scale data driven engineering platforms.
- Passion for driving and up-leveling SDLC quality, standards and processes at a growing engineering organization.
- Prior management and leadership experience growing, mentoring and developing talent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- 10+ years of professional experience, at least 4 years managing teams
- Prior experience with AI or Big-data - a plus.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs