Software Engineer, Developer Experience
London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, Sweden, Germany, or remote
Software Engineer, Developer Experience
Location: United Kingdom, Israel, Switzerland, Sweden, Germany
At Snyk we care deeply about our developer experience and productivity. It requires constant innovation as we increase our product breadth and depth, and scale our footprint globally to enable millions of external developers through our security products, all while maintaining high availability and reliability of our platforms.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about DevOps, Cloud Native Infrastructure, and enabling their fellow engineers by paving a road for teams to ship continuously and reliably to Production. For Snyk, Production covers a multi-cluster, multi-region design across a range of deployment options: Multi-tenant SaaS, Single-tenant SaaS, and On Prem solutions. There is a huge opportunity to innovate in the delivery and release engineering aspects of targeting many environments on each code push!
You will be joining the Developer Experience team whose focus is to accelerate fellow engineers to ship code quickly, reliably, and with minimum cognitive overhead. You will work closely with the Cloud Platforms and SRE teams within the Infra Group. Snyk is a fast-growing business with close to 200 engineers. We are set to nearly double that in the next year!
You’ll spend your time:
- You will work with colleagues across all of R&D to deliver new capabilities with all of the necessary ingredients to drive adoption – consultancy, advocacy, training, and documentation.
- Hands on building of platform capabilities and products, and the integration of vendor software into the Snyk SDLC.
- You will give teams the tools and insights so that they can make local changes to drive more efficient flow. Currently we are using CodeClimate Velocity and would welcome more ideas on how to capture insights and derive actions for acceleration and high performance.
- Working cross-functionally with Snyk’s R&D teams to help them make best use of the Developer Experience “paved road”. Capturing feedback and requirements to feed into your team’s planning and backlog.
- Being involved in the day-to-day Agile practices of the team, striving for predictable and repeatable success.
- Instrumenting the KPIs and metrics around delivery performance and quality for R&D into our CI/CD pipelines. Correlated success for this team would be to observe KPIs improving at a team and group level across R&D through the tooling and consultancy provided by your team.
You should apply if you:
- Have hands-on experience as a software engineer or infrastructure engineer.
- Have worked in a similar team/domain before where enabling internal teams was the core focus
- An excellent ability to empathise with your customers, which are happily other engineers. You are energised by helping teams and organisations accelerate through consultancy, tooling adoption, and education.
- Communicate proactively, are comfortable working across departments and teams to build bridges and create valuable feedback loops into your team’s plans.
- Have experience building and maintaining automation tooling.
- Are willing to inspect and change the status quo – to discover fresh ideas on how infrastructure is built, delivered, and operated at scale.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of working in a geographically distributed team
- Experience of working with multiple cloud providers, CI/CD tools, and delivery metrics platforms.
- Experience of working in both software engineer and cloud infrastructure roles.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs