Director of Training, Development & Quality (North America)
Remote, United States
Director - Training, Development & Quality (North America)
Wayfair is seeking a dynamic, experienced Director of Customer Service Training, Development & Quality for North America. This person will be responsible for leading the Training, Development & Quality program strategy across on-premise and remote talent development support teams, delivering excellence for the 3000+ people Customer Service organization and ensuring delight in the experience of our customers.
We are looking for a Learning Leader with a creative mindset towards modern Learning approaches, a keen understanding of effective design methodology, technical aptitude, and a desire to drive scalable strategic advancement towards transformative talent development program design.
This leader will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of Service operations, processes and needs, in order to enable the ability to consult with the most senior leaders in Service. This person must be comfortable designing and executing on a talent and development strategy that is both agile and durable, ensuring best in class practices are implemented consistently to ensure quality knowledge transfer and results proven application of skills to build the future state of training and quality for the organization.
What You'll Do
- Focus on Wayfair's Customer Service department to help build and drive the Training, Development and Quality strategy to align with business objectives and growth projections across North America, through partnership with contact center senior leadership teams.
- Lead innovative, best-in-class learning solutions that drive the forward strategy to produce a culture of learning that excites and engages customer service consultants, tailoring the program to a mix of on-site & virtual team members while building programs for frontline service, escalations, and specialized service teams.
- Build and manage high performing teams through department vertical across multi- site locations and virtual/remote.
- Lead a team of direct report Associate Directors and Senior Managers, who in turn lead functional areas of the departments including:
- Instructional Design group, building onboarding and upskill curricula, as well as change management eLearning content development.
- Training Delivery teams, across 5 North America contact center locations, delivering onboarding, upskill and specialized developmental training.
- Virtual Training Delivery teams, supporting Wayfair’s remote work-from- home customer support training needs
- Leadership Development group, teaching management onboarding and leadership development competencies to build and grow Service management talent from the frontline manager level all the way to Directors in Service.
- Coaching Strategy team, driving consistency in Customer Service coaching and owning strategy alignment for coaching compliance and quality.
- Service Delivery Quality group, focused on evaluating core behaviors that support key performance metrics across customer contact channels in phone, email and chat; to provide insights towards coaching enablement to ensure a consistent and positive customer experience.
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with cross functional training leaders to enable consistency in training and quality programs across Wayfair business lines.
- Engage inhouse product and engineering teams to integrate learning approaches into the day to day tools used by the service consultants.
- Oversee training impact measurement, reporting trend analysis across sites, and consulting with stakeholders across North America.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree in Talent Development, Adult Learning or Business Administration highly preferred.
- 15+ years of experience as a proven leader in formalized Training & Development and Quality Assurance, preferably in a tech or eCommerce industry.
- 12+ years of experience managing high performing Training & Quality departments, preferably in a call center environment with a focus on customer service.
- Experience leading learning strategy leveraging a suite of applications including, but not limited to: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, WalkMe, and Zoom or similar VILT platforms.
- Experience in Learning Management Systems (LMS) administration; Cornerstone experience highly preferred. Experience implementing Learning Experience Platforms (LXP) such as Axonify, Centrical or similar preferred.
- Experience driving innovative solutions to optimize learning capacity through integrated learning strategies, with technology enablement.
- Able to consult with multiple levels within the organization to assess talent development needs and recommend viable design solutions.
- Experience interfacing with Sr. Leadership; developing relationships, presenting, reporting, and consulting.
- Experience performance managing a large department of multi-level talent personnel.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies, facilitation skill practices, quality assurance models, and coaching strategy.
- Proven ability to develop learning curricula and conduct in depth training needs assessments with key stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate data to illustrate meaningful performance trends and identify opportunity areas for learning improvement.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels.
- Quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Goal oriented self-starter and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities.
- Able to maintain a global mindset with a strong collaborative approach with peers and stakeholders.
- Ability to travel as needed to multiple sites
- Experience with Google Cloud G Suite, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms preferred.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs