Junior Infrastructure Software Engineer
Chicago, Remote Colorado, Remote Texas
As a Cloud Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the next generation platform for our payments in the cloud. You will be constantly collaborating with our customers, tech leadership and your peers, learning and teaching new ways of making our platform even more resilient, robust and scalable.
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space. At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Ruby.
We build what we love and we own what we build. We take great care to build the best products and we ensure its quality by running it ourselves in production.
Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
What You’ll Do
Develop solutions and tools to make the lives of Braintree Product engineers better and easier. You will develop solutions from ideation and design, through development, launch, operation and iteration.
Partner with our customers (product engineering teams) on their products design, development and capacity planning to ensure Braintree continues to scale and maximize availability.
Brainstorm and implement ways of reducing tech debt, automate repeated manual tasks and improve team productivity.
Ideate new ways of doing things, publish RFCs, get buy-in from other engineering leads and implement changes.
Be an active member of the open source community by reporting new defects and issues, contributing to open source projects and providing help to the community at large.
Ensure sufficient logging, monitoring and alerting strategies around availability, latency and overall system health.
Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Be part of incident reviews and blameless post mortems.
What We’re Looking For
Software Development background with ability to analyze and improve existing codebase.
Ability to diagnose technical problems and debug code.
Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, Ruby, Golang, or shell scripting.
Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
Great analytical and problem solving skills
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs