Ent Search - Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Enterprise Search Site Reliability team is responsible for ensuring the continued reliability and resilience of the Swiftype.com SaaS product Elastic Site Search. As well as SRE duties for the Site Search platform and its customers, the team assists with automation and build pipeline improvements for the rest of the Enterprise Search engineering group.
We’re looking for empathetic SREs with an interest in infrastructure as code, distributed systems, and continuous improvement.
What You Will Do:
- Increase instrumentation and automation in all aspects of day-to-day operations for the Elastic Site Search platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues occurring in production ensuring constant improvement of the systems as a result.
- Flag, discuss, and implement solutions to areas of toil and persistent friction in production operations.
- Participate in the SRE team's production monitoring on-call rotation, daily pairing, weekly sync, and constant banter on Slack.
What You Bring Along:
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to work effectively with other human beings.
- Experience deploying and operating SaaS applications in production.
- Experience in using Unix and Unix-like systems, such as some Linux/UNIX systems administrator experience.
- An understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack (IP addressing, routing, HTTP(S), etc).
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Capistrano, etc).
- Experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios, Graphite, StatsD.
- Experience deploying and operating a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc) in production.
- Software development experience (any platform/language etc).
- Any remote work experience.
- 5+ years overall systems engineering experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux systems administration.
- 3+ years of hands-on operational experience in high-volume or critical production web service environments.
- Fluent English
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineering Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs