Lead Software Engineer
Remote - United States
Working at LawnStarter offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in the marketplace industry in an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about innovation and aren't afraid to show it.
What you'll do:
As a Lead Software Engineering at LawnStarter, you’ll report to one of our Engineering Managers and be responsible for leading technical initiatives from inception to the hands of our users. You will be empowered to drive continuous improvement and constantly evaluate the return on investment on every decision we make when building our products.
Our ability to deliver quality software to our customers in a timely, predictable manner will be directly attributable to your capacity to identify and address challenges faced by the initiatives you will be leading.
- Lead the development of LawnStarter platform ensuring that we’re utilizing the best development techniques, architectural patterns, frameworks and libraries for those initiatives
- Own and ensure the resolution of complex problems found in our systems and integrations
- Find opportunities to broadcast knowledge and lessons learned across delivery teams
- Delegate to teammates and work with them to ensure they're successful
- Identify technical debt buy-down opportunities and work with the engineering management team and the product management team to prioritize these activities
- Ensure patterns are in place to provide thorough automated testing with tests at each level of the test pyramid
- Communicate patterns and solutions through both thorough written documentation and technical presentations
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for you if you’re an experienced, full-stack engineer. More specifically, we’re looking for:
- Someone with a fair amount of experience working on both server- and client-side web software. You should have familiarity with cloud development, why Test Driven Development (TDD) is critical while writing code, what makes an API RESTFul, what React is, what an XSS attack is, and how an MVC web framework works. That will probably mean you’ve been doing this stuff for a few years.
- Someone who understands fundamental computer science concepts. That doesn’t necessarily mean you have a CS degree. But you should be able to describe how a pointer works, what Big O notation is and how to use it, when to use composition and when to use inheritance and the differences between an array and a linked list and a set.
- Someone with a firm grasp of SQL and databases in general (including non-relational databases). You should know how to do CRUD operations, what indexes are and why they matter, and the difference between a left join and an inner join for instance.
All team members at LawnStater are expected to embody our core values which are:
Be data-driven, Get shit done, People are critical, Challenge the status quo, Be scrappy, Build a great environment.
What makes this role awesome
1 - One Team, One Heart
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work in 2018 award from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit engineering team willing to give responsibility to anyone that is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll have opportunities to own large portions of our technical direction for new features, and larger projects. You’ll get to work with a team of passionate engineers who are eager to share our knowledge and experience, and also learn from yours.
3 - High-Performance Distributed Team Environment
We are a diverse and distributed team which are passionate about the empowerment to deliver daily value to our users. We have built our core business with great unit economics and efficiency. What does that mean? Well, that allows us the opportunity to solve new and exciting challenges building innovation leading the market segment we are in. Put simply, we have unique problems being solved in a fast-paced environment but are extremely stable and able to continue investing in the future.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs