Product Manager, Growth - Remote
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare.
As a Product Manager you’ll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems and accelerating your team’s execution. In this role you’ll join our Growth product team which is focused on driving revenue by partnering closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to expand to new markets and to drive member growth.
Oscar aims to make healthcare affordable and accessible, and our brokers play a pivotal role in supporting our members as they navigate the complexities of healthcare. You will play a key role in improving how we partner with brokers to create easy to use experiences focused on initiating and retaining members.
- Create the vision, strategy, and roadmap for future product investments that supports our brokers’ selling experience.
- Partner with engineers and designers to ship functionality that delights users and makes a measurable impact on the business.
- Be a bridge between business needs and our tech product to influence how Oscar’s unique tech stack can drive impact toward our core growth initiatives.
- Define a set of KPIs to measure business and operational impact and be able to analyze them and utilize them in decision making processes.
- Problem solve issues across teams to quickly diagnose the root cause and move to a resolution.
- Articulate crisp and thorough requirements including core and edge cases.
- Demonstrate an appetite for growth, resourcefulness, and coachability.
You will report into a Senior Product Manager in our NYC office. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WA. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and cross functional partners around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system into its member parts and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience and design with members, providers, internal users, and more in mind.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Define the business and user goals of the team by identifying improvements to the broker experience.
- Work with engineers, designers and other company partners to create specs and implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, and quality.
- Produce insights from data and user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate and organize work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales, marketing, and operations teams.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs