Lead Product Manager - Portfolio Accounting
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Lead Product Manager to join our Portfolio Accounting Team!
The Lead Product Manager (PM) will play a key role in developing Addepar’s first Portfolio Accounting Product (the product). The product will handle a variety of investment vehicles from public to private market instruments. Supported by a dual-sided-entry accounting engine, the product will include, but will not be limited to, tax-lot retention and relief as well as trade processing, corporate actions processing, reconciliation, and cash management. This is a highly visible project that is essential to the growth of our business and our ability to service our clients. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in building and running investment operations and reconciliation processes, as well as a deep understanding of the underlying accounting and tax treatment of investment vehicles and related transactions.
What You’ll Do
- Be a subject matter expert in the areas of securities processing, reconciliation and investment accounting for public and private market instruments for the team
- Play a key role in specification, design, and implementation of both client-facing features and internal tools
- Work with the product architect and engineers to translate complex business requirements into technical and system specifications, which will influence system development decisions by the engineering team
- Collaborate with the product owner, architect and engineering leads on tactical and strategic system and project planning, quarterly team OKRs, and sprint planning and reviews
- Craft and manage detailed user stories that describe operational activities and workflows
- Build specifications that include detailed examples of reference data needs, transaction types, accounting entries needed, and expected results
- Work with offshore team members and participate in daily stand-up meetings
- Understand Addepar’s products and clients. Using these insights, work with counterparts within the business to drive new and innovative opportunities to serve our clients better and grow the business
- Write documentation to communicate progress and to articulate system functionality
- Demonstrate proof of concept and further versions of product to leadership and various other audiences
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business, Finance, related field, or equivalent experience in the private wealth management industry
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on investment operations, securities processing, and/or portfolio accounting roles, requiring extensive analytics and problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge of investment record keeping, position and transaction reconciliation methods and the business logic employed
- Expert knowledge of the use of 3rd party market data in order to calculate and apply entitlements and the impact to investment and accounting records
- Deep understanding of operational workflows and ability to craft software functionality to complement, enhance and automate these processes.
- Deep understanding of the principals of individual, trust and partnership accounting practices (focused on investments)
- Proven ability to analyze and communicate all components of various transaction types and their impact from a cash, investment as well as an accounting and tax perspective.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovation
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2.5 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs