AI Product Manager
Canada - Remote
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 and have not stopped growing since. We are a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: AI Product Manager
FreshBooks is growing and looking for an AI Product Manager to envision and execute on a strategy and product roadmap that brings AI capabilities to both FreshBooks and our small business customers. You will create product strategies and map out features that help build a better working world using Data Science. Strong commercial experience in AI/ML technologies is a must. You will work independently and excel as an individual contributor as part of a team of scientists and ML & software engineers. You will be working with senior management and stakeholders to define scope, deliverables and produce project plans that support our business growth goals. In this role, you will be focused on our various machine learning products that create frictionless experiences for all our customers to subscribe to and consume FreshBooks. You will be working with multiple teams to help identify, test and create packages and offerings that enable each customer to extract the most value from FreshBooks. You will develop a deep understanding of their needs and can help create experiences that are unique to their stage, vertical and segment.
If you are passionate about taking on big challenges head-on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers and are ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you have:
- Proven work experience in data product management (growth-stage company experience a plus) and working with agile teams and organizations.
- A history of bringing major features to market fast, and iterating based on customer feedback (familiarity with “lean” methodologies a plus)
- Shown ability to develop compelling go-to-market strategies across multiple channels, and measure your impact
- Understand the fundamentals of deep learning, and machine learning, e.g., over-fitting, IID data
- Strong understanding and development of subscription pricing, packaging, and SKUs; previous experience in segment-targeted promotions an asset
- Work experience or strong understanding of data and different product categories
- You are data-driven; you can understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- Responsible for managing and improving quality of data products, processes and services to ensure top and bottom-line growth and achievement of our product goals.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams of data & machine learning engineers, data scientists and business analysts to understand the challenges and trade-offs that come with building and delivering extraordinary products.
- Proven ability to collaborate across disciplines and agree on the best approach, always keeping our customer in mind
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator, with a keen eye for great UX. You are responsible for your results and can report out to partners and execs on the adoption, engagement, and key metrics of Data Science products launched in-market
- You have the ability to think “big picture” and develop a compelling vision for your product or feature
- Minimum of 4+ years experience helping to deliver a variety of business projects with a proven track record of delivery excellence that span multiple departments and goals
- Empathy is a strong suit - you can spend time with external and internal customers to develop a deep understanding of the challenges of small businesses; and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pursue something hands-on
- Previous work experience working with Data Science, Analytics and Data teams
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented product team that employs lean-agile practices to deliver game-changing experiences.
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there.
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow the user-centred design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to them.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Data team rooted in data and research.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces everyone for who they are and who they become. We believe that our differences make us stronger and encourage our whole team to be their authentic selves. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Senior UX Designer Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Open Content Writer Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open React-related remote jobs
- Open B2B-related remote jobs
- Open Data-driven-related remote jobs
- Open Coaching-related remote jobs
- Open Linux-related remote jobs
- Open UX-related remote jobs
- Open Backend-related remote jobs
- Open User Experience-related remote jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related remote jobs
- Open Integrations-related remote jobs
- Open Docker-related remote jobs
- Open Azure-related remote jobs
- Open CRM-related remote jobs
- Open HTML-related remote jobs
- Open Interpersonal skills-related remote jobs
- Open Mentoring-related remote jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related remote jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related remote jobs
- Open UI-related remote jobs
- Open Ruby-related remote jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related remote jobs
- Open CSS-related remote jobs
- Open HR-related remote jobs
- Open GitHub-related remote jobs
- Open Jira-related remote jobs