Global Manager, Customer Success Management
Join our team either remotely in EMEA or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 25,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 700+ employees, who work across ten international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Global Manager, Customer Success Management
The Manager of MessageBirds’s Customer Success team will play a crucial role in growing and leading the team to achieve customer growth and delivery. You will take ownership for the complete customer lifecycle to ensure a flawless onboarding for all MessageBird solutions.
You’ll work in close collaboration with the wider business, with the goal of streamlining and structuring the customer journey more efficiently and successfully for maximum impact and value. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure our customers have the products and services that best fit their immediate needs and their future use cases.
MessageBird’s CSM team is a hybrid of technical project management, product enablement and account management. You will collaborate with our sales teams and leadership as well as Technical Account Managers and our executive team to best segment accounts, develop plans to optimize and improve their usage of MessageBird products and services.
What you’ll do
- Define the vision, values and KPIs to achieve customer success in alignment with the sales strategy. Owning the complete customer lifecycle of onboarding, adoption and expansion.
- Build, grow and lead the customer success team; help them to grow and develop to continually raise the bar of our customer experience
- Responsible for the onboarding and channel configuration for our full customer base
- Lead onboarding kick-off meetings with Sales teams and new and expanding customers.
- Drive product adoption and customer education during the onboarding stage as well as throughout the customer lifecycle
- Monitor and proactively flag and act on product use of earmarked accounts through the use of our Customer Experience Dashboard powered by Strikedeck.
- Develop both repeatable and custom customer journeys based on our customer segment, products and services.
- Work closely with sales and partner leadership to ensure an “in-sync” program to ensure customers have a smooth transition from sales to post-sales.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of experience in customer success management, product enablement or account management in a technical environment
- 5+ years of experience managing global teams
- 2+ years of experience leading managers
- Ability to roll your sleeves up to work directly with customers when deemed necessary, while at the same time the ability to delegate appropriately.
- A strategic thinker with experience building and scaling global teams
- Proven track record of onboarding, retaining and expanding complex enterprise accounts
- Experience identifying challenges, prioritizing based on the company’s needs and implementing new processes and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to consume and transcribe technical documentation for customers, along with an understanding of API architecture and complex use cases
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in JIRA, Confluence, SaleForce, Strikedeck, ZenDesk is a plus
- A deep passion for delighting customers
Psst … some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs