We're looking for an Interactive Designer to join the Brand Studio team at Zapier. The Brand Studio team is responsible for ensuring that Zapier delivers high-quality, consistent, differentiated, and meaningful brand experiences through our customer’s journey. The Sr. Interaction Designer will lead the design of our non-product web experience. This includes everything from the homepage to bespoke brand advertising experiences. This role requires strong visual communication, a love of designing the internet, and a systems mindset to build scaleable systems across the entire company.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a strong designer. You are passionate about design consistency across multiple touch-points and are adept at creating well-crafted, and engaging creative, as well as understanding the power of using motion in your concepts.
You understand how to make “great internet”. You understand what’s possible and interesting in the interactive world, and love making unique and engaging interactive experiences that are also intuitive and clear.
You have a strong user-centred approach. You understand how to design for accessibility, and collaborate with content design and user research to build the best solutions for our audience across platforms, devices and environments.
You see the whole picture. You build with end-to-end experience in mind, not just one web surface.
You’re a systems thinker. You see the big picture and know how to balance it alongside obsessing over the details, including building processes that allow others to easily self-serve.
You are an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. You’re able to explain the rationale of your work, presenting to clients, cross-functional teammates and/or collaborators.
You are self-directed and process-driven. At Zapier, we believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety of fast-moving communications projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Report directly to our Creative Director, working collaboratively with other designers, our producer and strategist, as well as cross-functionally with marketing and product
- Design high-quality beautiful web
- If you want, you’ll have many opportunities to be a design generalist and design things that aren’t interactive
- Design intuitive interface functionality, including interaction states, site architecture, user flows, and navigation
- Lead design exploration of what web could look like within various directions, focusing on the creation of all of our logged-out pages.
- Collaborate with design systems to design and implement components in Figma
- Collaborate directly with engineers to realize and QA your work
- Conduct usability testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Help to develop our guidelines and best practices for a consistent experience across the web
- Work collaboratively with UX Research, Product and Marketing to build solid user and brand experiences
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth. UTC +4 through UTC +10
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs