Product Manager, Tax Platform & Compliance
NYC, Chicago, Washington D.C., Remote
Stripe builds economic infrastructure to grow the GDP of the internet. To do this successfully, we have to enable internet business models at scale. This means: Stripe’s product teams have to be able to set the right business models for their products, our sales teams have to be able to customize these models to fit users’ businesses (which the internet might have never seen before), and our Finance teams have to be able to understand our costs, calculate tax, and generate the financial reporting required to run our fast-changing business.
About the team:
Tax Platform is at the core of enabling Stripe’s ambitious global tax product goals. Our Tax Platform team is hiring a Product Manager to help decipher the complexity of taxes and build scalable systems to enable new products and global expansion of Stripe’s users. We’re solving a very hard problem: distilling the complex rules of tax into a platform that unblocks global money movement and enables future products.
The Tax Platform team builds the engine to correctly calculate, assess, and report on global taxes for Stripe’s products. We solve tax complexity at the infrastructure level so that Stripe and Stripe users can operate and grow globally.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to join our team. You’ll help build the platform and systems that automate transaction tax calculation, assessment, and invoicing for Stripe and Stripe’s users at global scale.
- Enable Stripe’s ambitious product innovations and financial goals. You’ll be critical to Stripe making money, and understanding our business
- Work closely with other Product Managers and engineering organizations at Stripe, while also owning key cross functional relationships with Sales and Finance leaders
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for your product area
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years Product Management or Founder experience. You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Familiarity with one or more of: analytics, B2B networks, accounting, corporate finance, enterprise-class financial tooling
- A passion for how companies make money and communicate about making money. You’re excited by the way a contract encodes a business model, or the way financial statements tell a story about a business’s strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to work cross functionally and speak many languages. You’re equally credible as a thought partner for Engineering, Sales, or Finance leaders
- Experience balancing competing needs in a platform. You’re excited by thinking through the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization among competing user needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs