Sr. Product Marketing Engineer
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on Elastic Security solutions. As a Product Marketing Engineer at Elastic you work closely with the Product Management and Solution Architect teams to produce demo content and provide a reliable environment to access it, as well as producing other content such as blogs posts or enablement material.
Ideally, you bring a strong infosec background -- SIEM, security analytics, endpoint security, network security, cloud security. In that context, for this role, you’ll help us to run a mix of static and on demand environments where internal users can launch their own demos and show the power of Elastic Security -- this same environment hosts demos of the Elastic Stack, Enterprise Search or and Observability as well, so ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment is critical.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintaining current demos - upgrading them to the latest version of the Elastic Stack. Enhancing to exploit new features
- Supporting the existing Infrastructure and demo environment that provides content for our field
- Improving our automation, build and processes to make demo maintenance easier, more reliable and faster
- Creating new demo content, based on our solution, Elastic Security, and security use cases. Building apps, UIs, and thinking of creative ways to exploit and market our technology
- Writing technical blog posts on how to use our technology
- Extensive security operations or engineering experience, with particular focus on data collection across operating systems, cloud providers, web server technologies and network devices.
- Deep understanding of adversary emulation techniques and technologies (Operator, Caldera, Infection Monkey, Atomic Red etc).
- You enjoy defending as much as you enjoy attacking - knowledge of security detection methodologies and strategies is key to this role, as well as familiarity with taxonomy such as the MITRE ATT&CK and D3FEND frameworks.
- You don’t shy away from learning about recently discovered threat actors or new malware and ransomware variants seen in the wild.
- Site-Reliability Engineering - We are an operations team. We solve problems with code, but fundamentally we keep things working. You may have worked as an SRE.
- Infrastructure-as-code - You may have experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control, and are proficient in some of Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Habitat, Dhall, Terraform, Packer, your own shell scripts. Maybe you've thrown half of that away and use Kubernetes. We do that too.
- Experience as a developer (Python, GoLang, Node, …)
- A passion for search and the Elastic Stack
- You don't mind learning new technology or inheriting code from others.
- You value progress over perfection. You don't mind building demos and proof of concepts, and can live with skipping tests
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs