Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
Remote - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with fullstack experience, a strong focus on details, accuracy, and problem solving, as well as dedication to delivering high-quality software products. They will be a full-stack software engineer that thrives working within a fast-moving startup environment and is eager to embrace ownership and accountability.
You will excel at creating and overseeing the creation of software in all layers of our API platform, understand databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Develop new features and platform capabilities using the very latest developer tooling for our FinTech platform.
- Lead in the problem analysis and collaborate with business users, customers and team members to identify and implement innovative software solutions and enhancements.
- Provide maintenance support for assigned areas of the platform and triage issues to other teams when needed.
- Participate and help drive software scrum projects, communication of team status and obstacles and lead planning and estimating.
- Participate in design discussion with architects and other engineers.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience within a team-based environment
- Experience building and maintaining scalable web services
- Proficient in OOP, patterns of enterprise architecture and test driven development
- Proficient in PHP, C#, and/or Java
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS (Less, Sass, Bootstrap)
- Experience working in big data and/or data warehouse environments
- Experience with Python, Node.js and similar languages
- Experience with SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Collaborative, team-based development experience using an agile development methodology.
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks, and providing mentorship to other team members around unit testing approaches
- SQL expertise (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs