Data Programme Manager
Remote - United States
About the opportunity
Contentful is growing and we are looking for a strategic minded data professional to partner with our data and information teams and business leaders. Reporting into our Director of Data and as part of the Information Services function, you will work with our Business Strategy team and build relationships with business leaders across functional areas, drive towards a programme of using data to create information and actions and shape a roadmap aligned to Contentful’s Big Rocks.
What to expect?
- You will encourage a data literate, information driven mindset across Contentful where data is not simply consumed but is consistently understood and used to drive insights and actions.
- You will understand how teams across Contentful can drive our growth and use this to translate their objectives into data and information needs.
- By being the voice of business teams within Data you will ensure their needs are understood and used to deliver data products and information that meet or exceed their expectations.
- You will ensure that key Contentful wide KPIs are clearly defined, understood and communicated and clearly available at the right-levels for business users and teams across Contentful.
- You will work with our Director of Data and own day to day management of the Data Advisory Board including recommending our roadmap priorities.
- You will work with analysts, engineers, managers and other data professionals to plan and deliver on the roadmap.
What you need to be successful?
- The ability to define and find alignment on a roadmap and plan a programme of delivery with delivery teams, their managers and business stakeholders.
- A strategic mindset combined and the ability to understand and articulate business challenges and priorities.
- A clear understanding of modern data landscapes and ability to understand and articulate technical needs.
- Experience of working with business stakeholders of all levels of seniority.
- Experience of data product management or business consulting, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Strong passion for the topics such as – Advanced Data Analytics, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Quality Management and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of how to gain value from tools, frameworks & technologies such as:
- Business Intelligence (Tableau, Looker)
- Analysis and Machine Learning (R, Python)
- Data Lakes and Data Warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
- Growth mindset, positive attitude and strong interest to solve challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs