Software Engineer, Data Acquisition Team
Remote US (West Coast)
InfluxDB Cloud is the world’s leading time series database offered as a multi-cloud service, deployed and managed by InfluxData, and running in all three clouds (AWS, GCP and Azure). The Data Acquisition team at Influx Data is responsible for developing and maintaining the popular Telegraf product, as well as developing further innovation to help users get their data into the cloud, achieving even faster “time to awesome”.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing and delivering the next generation of tools (including Telegraf) to get data into and out of Influx Cloud.
- Work closely with the Telegraf open-source community to triage issues, fix issues, and review community contributions to this successful project.
- Work toward designing solutions and solving problems with an attention to quality, risk, and both near and long-term implications of design and implementation decisions.
- You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, and excited to teach as well as learn.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience building and shipping server-side software
- Prior experience in back-end development for a cloud-based service and/or server side technologies
- Strong GoLang development skills (Developers with strong C++ or Java experience and ability to learn other languages quickly are welcome to apply)
- Get-it-done attitude: you are a quick learner who isn’t afraid to ask for help when you need it
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (you’ll be working remotely and interfacing frequently with our open-source community)
- Familiarity with command line, linux server administration, and general database knowledge
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with non-relational databases and time-series databases
- Prior professional experience using kubernetes, docker, or other cloud-native technologies
- Contributed to an open-source project
- Prior experience with server monitoring, IoT, linux system administration
- Prior work experience using agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs