Netdata is looking for a Data Analyst who loves working with data to deliver insights that will help our senior stakeholders make key business and product decisions. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take ownership of our internal metrics and reporting stack. We also understand that great data analysts typically also want to do more then internal reporting and metrics and so this role will also have 20% time relating to internal or external data science related work alongside our senior machine learning engineers. Help us build the most advanced anomaly detection, forecasting, incident prevention and alerting system in the world!
As a Data Analyst at Netdata, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the core of our internal reporting platform. This will span the range of light/early ETL work as we integrate new data sources to consuming this data and delivering actionable insights from it to senior management and the leadership team. 20% of your time will also be spent working on internal data science projects or helping build early MVP demos for external facing ML features we might want to explore building.
- Build and own the internal reporting platform that senior stakeholders will use to make business and product decisions.
- Engage and deliver on internal mini projects as complex questions arise where we can bring internal and external data to bear on the discussion.
- Help bring self serve insights and analytics to all employees.
- Work with our backend engineers and product team to ensure data is a first class citizen throughout Netdata cloud ecosystem.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working with data in a business or product setting.
- Experience in writing SQL pipelines (complex queries, stored procedures etc.) and using Python for data analysis.
- Familiarity with data analytics and warehousing principles.
- Self motivated, conscientious, with a problem-solving, hands-on mindset.
- Perfectionist where it matters, but also pragmatic, with effective time management skills.
- Team player, eager to help.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, modern software architectures and environments, including Orchestrated Containers (e.g. Kubernetes), Microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Systems Monitoring concepts, tooling and frameworks.
- Experience in building complex production grade data pipelines.
- Open source contributor.
- Agile Development Methodology.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs