Sr. Product Manager, Customer Experience Team, Foundations
Remote — Germany
Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
As Product Manager for our Customer Experience team you will drive the definition, development, adoption and usage of our Cobalt application for our customers by establishing and iterating on key foundational elements to our platform - items like user management, authorization, authentication and notifications. This is a new role on a new team, so this person will have the opportunity to own and define the strategy alongside a collaborative team of designers, engineers and product managers.
You will merge attention to detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to surface customer insights and inputs directly into the development process. You will work closely with our other Customer Experience, Growth and Pentester Experience teams.
What You Would Do
- Own the product foundations strategy. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in your domain, the market, and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent our customers. Work with Product Design, Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to bring the customer’s voice into the development process.
- Manage the foundations group roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while supporting the company’s long term strategy. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Have familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become an expert in enterprise level SaaS best practices when it comes to your group’s domain. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- Measure success. Own the metrics used to define success for your group. KPIs must be defined and tracked. Make metrics visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You Must Have
- 5+ years experience in Product Management.
- Experience in the security industry is a plus. Experience in fast-growing software companies is an additional plus.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of the customer but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales and customer success. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Strong analytical capabilities (Pendo, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics and BigQuery experience is a plus). You should be able to craft a story from data, and use data to make informed decisions.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with global team members (This team is a global team).
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Paid parental leave
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs