Manager, Training and Quality
We're looking for a Manager, Support Training and Quality who will be responsible for Training and Quality, and their associated ecosystems, to help grow our Customer Support Enablement team. This role will play a critical role in shaping the learning experience for our Employees and contractors, ultimately leading to education for our customers. You have proven success in leading Support Training and QA teams through fast growth and know how to manage Trainers and Quality leads. You’re prepared to expand the scope of the team as our sphere of positive influence grows. You’re familiar with both internal and external product based learning and development methodologies, knowledge services and quality and training tools, working with multiple support tiers in a global organization. We’re looking for preferably 5+ years experience and a drive to keep getting better at it.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You understand Customer Support and Enablement is a competitive advantage. The experiences we give to employees and customers/partners through internal education opportunities and support will define their experience with the product as a whole. You're committed to ensuring your team sets a high bar for those experiences.
- You are a skilled and empathic manager. You've managed and interacted with many types of support teams and managers alike. The current support team at Zapier includes roughly 125+ people who have a high degree of technical aptitude, specializing in automation and APIs.
- You've scaled learning and development before. You've been involved in designing and implementing leading edge customer facing training and quality programs, including internal teams and external contractors. What you build will have a positive impact on customer champion engagement, self-serviceability, and ramp time, continuous improvement, ultimately contributing to customer retention and growth
- You are a skilled mentor and coach. You realize the best way to grow a team is by helping them to grow themselves. You're able to effectively share your experience and provide a clear framework for growth.
- You are customer, product, and business focused. You are able to relate to our team members allowing them to provide and translate technical approaches into business outcomes in a simple and clear manner.
- You're a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the CS and full Zapier team.
- You are data driven. You know how to pick the right metrics, measure our progress against them, and evaluate key Training and Quality processes to change and help us reach outcomes that improve our employee, contractors and customers' experience.
- You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the output of your team will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You’ll Do
- You are responsible for the driving the delivery of the roadmap, planning, and success of Training and Quality programs, while contributing to the direction of the team through our planning cycles.
- Directly manage the Training and Quality teams, overseeing all aspects of team performance, projects, and individual growth plans.
- Direct and influence tooling, systems and process that enables the creation and maintenance of content designed to guide support personnel when assisting customers.
- You will be a stakeholder in driving improvements in knowledge management for all support teams
- You will partner with other Support Operations driven programs to ensure readiness of Training/Quality and Knowledge components for new product introduction, enhancements, feature requests, and experiments.
- Be a partner with Product, Marketing, Support, Community and other organizations to ensure smooth launches and ongoing education for product releases, marketing campaigns, partner enablement and community engagement
- Track new hire or quality performance issues and escalate as required
- Measure and report on the impact and performance of T&Q led initiatives and programs in Monthly and Quarterly business reviews.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs