Implementation Support Specialist
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Implementation Support Specialist to join our dynamic, dedicated science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Implementation Support Specialist, PhD Science is a member of the Implementation Success team and supports Great Minds in its mission by promoting the adoption and effective implementation of PhD Science by teachers and school sites worldwide.
Working collaboratively with other Implementation Support staff and taking direction from the National Director of Implementation Services and/or the Regional Director of Implementation Services, the Implementation Support Specialist will:
- provide supervision and direction to Implementation Support Associates;
- foster long-term relationships with school leaders and teachers that are based on trust, mutual respect, and shared goals for success;
- help ensure that all PhD Science implementations result in student growth through the collection and analysis of implementation data;
- provide efficient and timely access to rigorous content expertise, implementation resources, and key information needed to fulfill the goal of high-quality instruction for all; and
- facilitate professional development and coaching sessions.
The Implementation Support Specialist is knowledgeable about the features and advantages of Great Minds products and offerings. This role ensures that implementers of PhD Science understand the philosophy and best practices that form the foundation of the curriculum and accompanying support. The Implementation Support Specialist is flexible and agile, demonstrates exceptional professionalism, and exhibits exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide virtual and in-person coaching sessions to PhD Science clientele.
- Facilitate select in-person and virtual PD sessions.
- Represent PhD Science at regional and national conferences.
- Attend professional development sessions and conduct school visits as needed to maintain awareness of the PhD Science user/implementation experience, sharing findings with the Great Minds organization through regular meetings and emails.
- Attend community meetings in strategic districts or regions to gather information and offer accurate support of PhD Science implementation.
- Provide consultation to the PhD Science social media platforms, making suggestions for content and/or creating content to be support PhD Science users.
- Collaborate with assigned implementations by following defined protocols and planning structures to suggest strategies, resources, or offerings (e.g., meetings, presentations, webinars, print collateral, digital content, or services) needed to support successful implementation of PhD Science.
- Maintain expertise in the catalog of PhD Science PD and coaching offerings.
- Contribute to the development of resources that support implementation success, including but not limited to:
- distance-learning videos
- investigation videos
- ancillary products such as Parent Tip Sheets and Teacher supports
- Identify and foster potential strategic alliances or partnerships with other organizations.
- Identify and foster the development of a network of advocates for the mission of Great Minds.
- Provide leadership and management direction to assigned Implementation Support Associates.
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews for assigned direct reports.
Relevant Experience and Skills
The Implementation Support Specialist maintains intimate knowledge of the content and framework of PhD Science curriculum and product line, has general science content knowledge, and is expected to maintain intimate knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards and develop knowledge of state level standards for science.
The Implementation Support Specialist is competent with technology and is willing and able to learn new applications as needed. Strong and professional written and verbal communications skills are essential.
Additional requirements are:
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of one year of PhD Science classroom teaching experience or equivalent experience in education, professional development and/or curriculum development
- Prior leadership / management experience preferred
- Ability to be flexible and quickly change directions as needed to fill organizational demands and customer requirements
- Ability to be able to work independently and solve problems
Preferred areas of experience include:
- A minimum of one year as a PhD Science Implementation Support Associate
- Served as an advisor/ mentor/ coach in a science curriculum environment
- Familiar with web social media content development
- Worked with sales and marketing concepts
- Data gathering from user organizations to improve service/ products
- Experience leading a district- or school-level curriculum implementation
- Experience working in or with K–12 schools
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce (or similar tools)
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
- Commitment to high standards of excellence
The Implementation Support Specialist may travel up to 20% of the time, depending on location. Tasks while traveling may include the following:
- Create and support school- and district-level implementation plans.
- Observe instruction and PD on site to gather data for long-term implementation and PD planning.
- Facilitate PD and coaching sessions in the field.
- Participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year).
A valid driver’s license and willingness to fly and drive are required to fulfill client service assignments.
- Full time
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs