Market Research - Retailer Insights
San Francisco, CA - Remote
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive marketing strategy, product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with marketing, brand, product, data science, and analytics to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart’s mission. Instacart is seeking a Researcher to help deepen our relationship with our Retail partners through consumer insights. We are a multi-sided marketplace, with our user groups including not only customers, but the personal shoppers who shop for and deliver orders, the grocery stores and retailers who we partner with, and the CPG companies whose products we promote.
ABOUT THE JOB
- In this role, you’ll be a strategic partner to Business Development on defining an insights program that will help bring in new Retailers as well as grow existing relationships.
- You’ll be analyzing and sharing insights that give Retailers a better understanding of who their customers are, their perceptions, needs, and behaviors.
- You’ll lead primary research, particularly surveys, from beginning to end among customers.
- You’ll partner closely with cross functional insights teams to incorporate behavioral data in understanding a full picture of our customers.
- You’ll utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action.
- 3+ years experience in a Consumer Insights, Survey Research, or Analyst role, either on the research agency or client side, conducting primary, custom survey research studies.
- BA or BS or higher in Marketing Research, social sciences or a quantitative field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Proficient in writing, programming and fielding surveys using Qualtrics end to end.
- Familiar with data analysis tools (e.g., Q, SPSS or SAS) and can easily design and create cross-tabs and data banners. Experience with SQL, Python, R a plus.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Comfort dealing with high levels of organization complexity in a high-growth environment.
- Clear and compelling presentation and storytelling skills, with a strong track record of creating impact from insights.
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivate and deal with large amounts of complexity and ambiguity.
- Prior eCommerce, CPG or retail experience a plus.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs