Sr. Brand Writer
We’re looking for a creative, strategically-minded writer to join the Zapier brand studio. As a Sr. Brand Writer, you’ll supply the critical thinking, voice prowess, tone mastery, and incisive, original writing our team needs to bring Zapier’s new brand and mission to life.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are an experienced writer. You have 5+ years of copywriting or editorial experience.
You have experience defining and rolling out a brand voice and tone. You understand the levers of voice and tone so that our users know we understand them.
You have experience creating and enforcing a style guide. You know that consistency is key and are able to create rules and catch when they’re broken. You know how to develop content frameworks that fit within brand guidelines and can live as part of a design system.
You have experience concepting and copywriting a successful ad campaign or product launch. You enjoy working with designers and marketing partners to created differentiated, simple, high-quality ways to reach our audiences.
You have a fresh, original voice that keeps readers engaged. You know how to write in a way that differentiates a brand and turns the heads of our audience.
Dead-simple writing style—you know what to cut. You simplify, simplify, simplify
You make complex things easy to understand. You enjoy presenting information in ways that provide “aha moments” for customers. You strike down jargon wherever you find it.
You are scrappy. When something needs to be done, you do it
You collaborate with the best of them. You work well with engineers, strategists, marketers, designers, and executives
You value diplomacy. You have the ability to gracefully hear and strategically interpret feedback about your writing
You can be an advocate for the brand. You can help others in the company understand the importance of why our words have an impact on both the company and its customers
You might have experience writing documentation. You have experience writing technical content or documentation. If you have experience crafting documentation for developers or other technical audiences, that’s a huge plus.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Develop structured content models to bring the right content to your target audiences at the right touchpoints.
- Write copy or scripts for advertising content, primary web pages, etc.
- Help name products and features according to brand architecture.
- Help build and maintain a style guide and controlled vocabulary.
- Give feedback on content being generated so that it is on brand and is human-centric.
- Coordinate with our editorial, marketing, and email teams to build a cohesive content strategy.
- Monitor the performance of content and use that data to continuously improve it. You’ll work with the data team to monitor usage analytics, track customer feedback to spot trends and gaps, and proactively identify new opportunities to improve key business metrics through improved content and usability.
- Give, seek, and receive thoughtful critical feedback. You’ll help others become better writers and become a better writer yourself.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth. UTC +4 through UTC +10
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs