Staff Product Designer, Platform
Remote, United States
We are hiring a Staff Product Designer to help craft the future of Slack. Staff Designers are leaders within our teams. They help to define product direction and set/hold the bar for design. They carry features from vision through to execution and launch, all the while prototyping and honing the design to ensure it works for Slack’s diverse user base. Lastly, they are seen as leaders in their own right—helping to set the tone for work at Slack by being humble, smart, and collaborative.
This role will be focused on Slack’s Platform. Our mission is to make interactions between people and software delightful, crafting experiences for both app developers and the users who interact with Slack every day.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
What you'll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and ensure design quality.
- Collaborate closely with leadership to define features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Interview new designers and actively advise on our design hiring process.
- Lead by example—do phenomenal work and help people on the team learn how you do it through mentorship and coaching.
What you should have
- At least 7+ years’ experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Experience working with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially if you love to use emoji 😎)
- Bonus: Technical background, knowledge of developer tools, experience building custom solutions on Slack!
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs