Senior UX Designer (Contract)
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Skedulo is a fast-growing software company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in the United Kingdom, Australia and Vietnam. If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
At Skedulo, creating a beautifully simple and elegant user experience is at the centre of everything we do. We have a relatively small design team, but play a big role in shaping the vision for the product and the company. Our design process starts with understanding the context of use, user needs and behaviours and is heavily focussed on prototyping to bring to life ideas. It also involves close collaboration with teams including Engineers, Product Managers, and Marketers to solve complex problems.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, versatile, Senior UX Designer (Contract) who is passionate about empowering our users through thoughtful and elegant design. This role is based in London, or can be 100% remote anywhere in the UK.
In this role you will help shape design for our Platform user experience, working as part of a cross-functional product development team with colleagues in Engineering and Product Management. The Platform team at Skedulo is responsible for creating the tools and capabilities that allow Skedulo’s partners to configure, customise and extend Skedulo, and is an integral part of the company’s future vision and growth plans.
- Interaction design is the most important skill set for this role, and you’ll be in your element creating prototypes, mockups, wireframes and flows. You are able to take complex features and requirements and translate them into elegantly simple user interface designs.
- You're able to collaborate with engineers and product managers to develop a shared vision for the product offering and feature set.
- You're passionate about design systems and can work with other designers and engineers to create and evolve a design language, it's components and patterns.
- You’re a self-starter and can work quickly to take a design challenge and develop your own plan of attack, bringing others in the team on the journey with you. You think in “hours and days” rather than “weeks and months”.
- You’ve got great prototyping chops and can use tools like Sketch, Invision, Axure, Flinto or Principle to deliver interactive prototypes of your designs.
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills. As part of this role you’ll need to be as at home working through a detailed feature flow with the engineering team as you are gathering feedback directly from our customers.
- You know how and when to apply user research techniques to uncover user insights and get feedback on your designs, and you enjoy getting out of your chair and spending time with the people that use the product the most.
- You like to work as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team and deliver real results. You check your ego at the door, and are comfortable collaborating with others to get the best result for the entire team.
- You're a team player, and are happy to put in time to mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- 5+ years design experience, with strong proficiency in user experience design
- Experience designing and shipping applications or software across a variety of platforms
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of interaction design skills (wireframes, prototypes, flows and specifications)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage stakeholders throughout the design journey
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working on complex platform products, applications or software tools
- A grounding in software engineering, and/or a proven ability to understand complex technical concepts
- An eye for clean and clear visual design, with experience working with and contributing to Design Systems
Skedulo believes that a diverse makeup of its workforce is a reflection of the communities we serve; Skedulo hiring practices are based on merit, competence and position qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- 100% remote work environment with a hub in London
- Monthly remote work stipend (£120)
- Company Pension Match (3%)
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs