Hi there! We’re looking for a curious, collaborative, and experienced editor to fill the role of Senior Editor, Content Services at Zapier.
There is no sales team at Zapier, so our mid- and bottom-of-funnel marketing work, produced by our Content Services team, is essential in generating revenue. Content Services fulfills content requests from across Zapier. As the team’s lead Editor, you’ll be the gate-keeper of excellence, the last-eyes-on for Zapier’s marketing content, mentoring our already powerful writers and contributing to the strategy of campaigns and other content activities. You’ll be working closely with your colleagues across Marketing, Email, Product, Advertising, and Video. This role does not work on our blog or social media, though it does collaborate with those teams, under the shared Content & Communications umbrella.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with unrelenting copyediting, as well as substantive editing in a variety of formats and under tight deadlines. You’ve worked on mid- to bottom-of-funnel marketing content and want to make an impact at a leading company in the SaaS space. This role will report to Senior Manager, Content Services.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
About The Role
You will be responsible for production of marketing, sales, and web content; fielding requests from a variety of internal teams; assigning them; and collaborating with/editing copy from a team of Content Specialists. Your goal is to help our users make informed decisions about their next step in the Zapier journey.
For a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous situations and fast-paced environments, this role offers a huge opportunity to help shape the tone and voice of our quickly growing brand and further establish the best practices for this pivotal team.
What you will do
- Guide and edit marketing content across a variety of formats, including email campaigns, landing pages, ebooks, webinar decks, one-sheets, and video scripts to help scale Zapier’s marketing reach and engagement.
- Lead our content production process-–from assigning to brainstorming creative campaign tactics and updating writing best practices.
- Copyedit and fact-check a high volume of content.
- Act as writing mentor to a team of staff writers and as occasional content agency liaison.
- Leverage our data analytics team and other user feedback to make insights-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our customer pain points.
- Impeccable writing and editing skills; ability to harness style, tone and voice to appeal to your target audience.
- 6+ years of editing experience in a fast-paced digital environment, publishing world-class content for a broad consumer audience.
- 3+ years in a marketing environment.
- Experience with data storytelling.
- Familiarity with Zapier or the SaaS environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a writing-intensive major (e.g. Journalism, Communications, English Literature, Media).
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: You're based in a timezone between UTC -8 and UTC -4.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canada, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs