Sr Enterprise Engineering Director
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As the Senior Enterprise Engineering Director, you will lead the Engineering teams responsible for building solutions that work at enterprise scale. We’re talking tens of thousands of users at large enterprise companies that are putting imagination to work at scale.
Scaling to meet the needs of enterprise customers is challenging. They care a lot about features like user provisioning and deprovisioning, data retention strategies, bring-your-own-key, session management, Active Directory integration, and more. They also care about usability of features in ways that differ from the needs of small customers. There are unique challenges that you only encounter at 100K person plus companies with many thousands of murals.
Building a product that works for Enterprise also means building solutions that scale both operationally and within the product. As Senior Enterprise Director you’re responsible for:
- Solutions that make life amazing for company administrators
- Solutions that scale to meet the needs of thousands of users with hundreds of workspaces
- Solutions that uphold the highest standards around data management and security
- And more
You will work closely with the Director of Product in Enterprise and with our Sales teams to drive delivery and enable opportunities. You are a unique leader who can navigate complex customer calls with large enterprises while working closely with our engineering teams to deliver. You have a unique ability to manage inwards, outwards, upwards, and sideways. It’s a challenging role and we need someone who is amazing. We need you.
You are a leader of leaders, who knows how to motivate a team, set clear direction, and create a positive environment where people can do their best work. You care about people, you are passionate about products, and you are ready to have a massive impact.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and lead a team of excellent Engineering Managers and Senior Engineering Managers
- Work with other MURAL leaders to design and drive the plan for MURAL’s engineering vision and culture in line with the company values.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Build and lead a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve company goals while remaining close to the problem space.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the MURAL’s engineering management team.
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, making hard decisions and tradeoffs and ensuring great information flow.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Work closely with product management, analysts, architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, lead key technical and design discussions, and prioritize delivery efforts.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant and demonstrable practical experience
- 5+ years experience managing engineering managers
- Demonstrated ability to work with Sales and navigate large enterprise customer calls
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a passion for engineering best practices and having an impact on tech problems at scale
- Demonstrated track record of success growing and supporting managers
- Experience in delivering products in an agile development environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to lead by example and help teammates do their best work
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive deeply into the technology and business domains that use MURAL today and could use MURAL tomorrow.
- Understanding of security principles, networking, communication protocols and modern architecture best-practises for highly available systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs