Seattle, New York City, Chicago, Remote (North America)
We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team.
The Design team works across many types of product initiatives at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, primary qualitative and quantitative research, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
UX Writers at Stripe play an integral role on our Product Design team. You’ll be focused on depth over breadth—UX Writers dive deep into one or two products at any given time, quickly becoming subject matter experts. UX Writers and Product Designers closely collaborate, and have an equal voice in the product development process.
You’ll have the opportunity to provide strategic direction on high priority projects, in addition to crafting elegant interface copy that distills complex concepts into clear, actionable language. You’ll work with writers across the company to influence and codify standards and documentation for UX writing. You’ll champion our users, who range from seasoned developers and first-time founders with varying levels of technical expertise to small businesses and leading enterprises. Your goal is to help them confidently grow their businesses with Stripe.
Please note we have one opening for this position and are looking for a UX Writer to be based in North America.
- Work with design, product, and engineering, to create the words that guide Stripe's product experiences.
- Shape (and scribe) user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy within product interfaces.
- Communicate complex product features and benefits in ways that speak up to our users and help them understand and use our products.
- Create strategic product narratives for a diverse product portfolio.
- Create, maintain, and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Stripe.
- Write using best practices for inclusivity and accessibility (e.g., l10n, a11y) to reach users worldwide.
- Collaborate with researchers and apply user insights to inform strategic decisions and copy direction.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a UX writer or content strategist.
- Can embrace the highly technical nature of Stripe and our products, and deliver intuitive solutions to our users.
- Are relentlessly user focused.
- Have a keen eye for detail in your work.
- Can edit existing work or create new copy with input from stakeholders.
- Can write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tool tips, headlines, intro copy, error messages.
- Can embrace a fast-paced, iterative work environment.
- Can integrate new design tools into your workflow.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio or 3–5 UX writing samples
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs