Senior Product Designer
Remote, United States
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
About the RoleAbstract is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help shape our best-in-class design tools. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, and have a strong team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Operate as a design generalist, owning problems from beginning to end; translating research insights into ideas that form new features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions
- Own the end-to-end design process from low-fidelity sketches and user flows, wireframes and prototypes, through to pixel-perfect comps
- Work closely with developers to ensure that the finished product aligns closely with original designs and maintains a high standard of quality
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of a library of design patterns
- Evangelize design best practices and design rationale with stakeholders, and help inform product decision-making
- Identify metrics to measure design success and work with product and analytics to track them
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with in-house design teams
- Experience designing and shipping digital tools and complex systems
- Experience designing enterprise software offerings
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes seeking out and acting on feedback to continually raise the bar
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills with extensive experience collaborating with engineering to ship products
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- Ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs
- Continuous improvement of your workflow and learning new tools
- Actively paying attention to trends in the community and forming opinions on the future of design
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide up to 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 14 weeks of parental leave, an unlimited paid-time off policy, health care FSA, and are fully remote, allowing for a flexible working environment. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, a monthly wellness and internet stipend, as well as mental & physical wellness services.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs