Director of Engineering, Developer Workflows
London, Tel Aviv, or Remote
We're looking for a Director of Engineering who can lead Snyk’s efforts across developer workflow experiences like IDEs, version control and CICD. These teams are driving the tools that power a developers’ everyday interaction with Snyk’s disruptive developer-first security platform.
Reporting to the UK based Senior Director of Engineering, you will partner with the Director of Product for Developer Workflows, to own the top-level company vision and KPIs for this group of products, helping developers shift security left and work where they are - on their desktops and integrated into their check-in, integration and delivery workflows.
You’ll be building and supporting an engineering group, focusing on mentoring and coaching engineering managers. You will also be working closely with a team of product managers, designers and developers, as well as with our marketing, business development and customer success teams on driving joint efforts in order to reach the highest market impact. The majority of the team live in either Israel or the UK, with some remote workers around Europe and eastern North America.
You care not only about building software right, but building the right thing. Ensuring we are building products that solve problems customers have, in ways they love, that work for the business.
You’ll spend your time:
- Enabling the engineering teams reporting to you to bring out their best, applying great engineering practices to consistently deliver impactful products.
- Mentoring and coaching your team, while nurturing a collaborative environment.
- Planning quarterly delivery with the Director of Product for your group.
- Supporting your Engineering Managers in execution of this plan week over week.
- Planning and executing hiring for your teams, reviewing cycles, compensation, and promotions.
- Leading your Engineering Managers and Staff Engineers in their delivery of needed technological advances to support your group’s success.
- Measuring and improving success metrics on your teams regarding quality, performance, predictability, and hiring.
- Working very closely with the product and design teams in order to create a differentiated, developer friendly offering.
- Working closely with Marketing, Developer Relations and Customer Success teams to efficiently drive growth activities.
You should apply if you:
- are a proven leader, motivated by guiding and supporting the success of people around you.
- you can work effectively in a highly distributed environment
- have 2+ years of experience in growing and managing a mature engineering organisation, leading engineering teams responsible for successful business impact.
- have experience of managing managers, or can demonstrate that you are ready for this challenge
- have significant, proven experience as a successful engineering leader in some or all of B2B SaaS, developer tooling or B2C technical products.
- are well-versed in agile, lean and devops development practices.
- are interested in the intersection of security and developer experience.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- enjoy working in cross-functional and distributed delivery teams.
- have excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to senior staff and/or customers.
- are happy to travel at least once a quarter to gather feedback from our users, and to spend time working face-to-face with other colleagues that aren’t co-located with you, as well as building strong online relationships while the pandemic doesn’t allow travel.
- appreciate a fast moving, energetic, and collaborative environment with a team that is ridiculously easy to work with
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- you have experience of working in developer tooling and workflows
- you have experience working with open source communities
- you have experience leading geographically distributed teams
- you are passionate about building products that developers love
One team: In a global and highly distributed company, we firmly believe our diversity makes us stronger, and we embrace our differences. We overcome boundaries by being highly transparent and collaborative in how we operate.
Ridiculously easy to work with: We aim to delight with our level of service. Where we don’t think we are rising to that bar, we are able to call it out and invest in improvement.
Care Deeply: We are passionate about our work and our team, and willing to go above and beyond to help both be successful.
Ship it: We drive for impact by acting speedily and iteratively, with a bias for action.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, after recently securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions with DeepCode & Manifold. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs