Sr Manager of Developer Productivity
San Francisco, Denver, Remote US - Pacific Time Zone, Remote Canada - Pacific Time Zone
CircleCI is hiring a SR Engineering Manager to drive Engineering Efficiency within our Platform Engineering organization. We are looking for a senior manager who is passionate about developing managers, teams, and engineers. You'll own Developer Productivity as a core metric for our department. Primary goals are driving engineering efficiency and clear demonstrations of return on investment for developer tooling, common libraries and process for a scaling engineering department. You will challenge and support our engineers and managers with a focus on helping to build an excellent culture that values diversity, inclusion, action orientation, and openness!
The teams you’ll lead and help grow are talented and diverse group of engineers focused on providing common libraries, tools and process to a rapid scaling internal engineering customer base. They build the curated experience for CircleCI’s product engineering teams to deliver cutting-edge features.
This is a full-time role in the San Francisco area.
About The Team
The Platform Engineering department includes teams that make our engineers more efficient and effective, such as security, SRE, developer tooling, release engineering, and infrastructure. The Engineering Efficiency area contains enablement and tooling team built to support product development teams at CircleCI in making their services scalable, reliable, and resilient.
What you’ll be doing
This role is a people management position focused on the growth of engineers and engineering managers. Your responsibilities will be people and process - in that order.
- People: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and the team through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers and support them in their career path. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging.
- Process and Collaboration: Work across all of engineering to listen to developer blockers, reduce toil, and drive greater efficiency through technology for our engineers. To do so will require a high degree or collaboration and openness. You will work in the open and take those around you along for the ride
- Technical acuity: You are not encouraged to code. However, you should be knowledgeable of current practices such that you can occasionally act as arbiter in a technical discussion, or ask good questions of your team as they discuss a technical solution.
- After-hours on-call: You’re willing to provide periodic after-hours on-call support for our engineering department.
Who you are
- People Management: You have shown experience leading people, including hiring teams and attracting top talent. Bonus points if you have done so in a fast paced startup environment
- Remote Work: CircleCI is a remote first company and you should have some experience leading and motivating a distributed team.
- Progress not perfection: You prefer to deliver solutions incrementally, perhaps with a little bit of experimentation along the way. Experience with agile methodologies is an asset in for this position.
- Data Supported: You create, collect, and review metrics to demonstrate efficiency and improve the usefulness of them. You use data to provide recommendations into staffing plans, tool and library development, and drive efficiency models for engineering.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and seek to continuously improve the teams you work with. You excel in a culture centered on open communication, strong feedback, quick experimentation, blamelessness, and embracing failure to learn from it.
- Communication: You believe in open and honest communication and work to cultivate this within the team and organization. You approach everything with an open mind and listen to different perspectives before determining a path forward.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Level: Mid-Senior Level
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs