EFS Business Development Manager, Calgary (1473)
Remote - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
NOTE: This is a 6-month temporary contract, with potential to become permanent.
Job Number: REQ1473
Apply by: June 20, 2021
Leader Name: Manager, Acquisition
Reporting to the Manager, Acquisition, the Business Development Manager is a highly proactive acquisition role that is responsible for actively seeking out and finding net new relationships within their designated markets. This position is responsible for creating a strong network of contacts from which a variety of new business can be potentially gleaned directly or through a series of referrals to the fulfillment team.
This role creates a strong network of contacts from which a variety of new business can be potentially gleaned directly or through a series of referrals. The successful candidate will be expected to travel throughout the northern, central and southern part of the province establishing and enhancing relationships with prospective customers that they will then do a warm hand off to the Acquisition team in respective branches. These relationships will in some cases be a joint effort with local team members.
The BDM is a strategic & operational thinker with a desire to deliver a successful strategy and implementation that is new for EFS. This position will act as a “hunter” to generate new business leads.
- Proactively sells and promotes ATB’s suite of deposit and lending services to potential customers by calling upon ATB’s various partners for involvement in opportunities that will grow Everyday Financial Services market share within Alberta.
- Building and maintaining effective and multi layered relationships with clients specifically to cement long term relationships, and to access banking opportunities both business and personal.
- Maintaining a constant pipeline of businesses consisting of new prospects by having relationships with Centres of Influences (COIs), such as the Chamber of Commerce, Real Estate Agencies...etc
- Meeting and exceeding annual sales objectives
- Ensuring proper introduction and hand off is made between the customer and the designated 360 Fulfillment Advisor
- Maintains an extensive and active network/relationship of businesses, personal and professional contacts from which referrals and sales opportunities can be received directly or indirectly with both external and internal groups
- Undergraduate degree in business, commerce, finance, marketing or equivalent experience
- Completion of CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) and/or financial designations (PFP, CFP, QAFP) an asset
- 5-10 years banking and leadership experience; previous experience in Business & Agriculture an asset.
- Expert level of understanding of the market and economic forecasts and how to resolve issues in order to identify sales opportunities and bring in new business to ATB.
- Expert in ATB product offerings, including everyday banking products
- Proven network of business, personal and professional contacts
- Proven ability to generate new business and meet growth targets
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Proactively seeks net new relationships for ATB with either lending or deposit service requirements.
- Referring sales opportunities across all lines of business including internal and external partners as opportunities are identified.
- Developing an environment of teamwork, cooperation and profitability by working with other ATB units and having an understanding of when and where to refer to products.
- Attend events both in-person and virtual to network and build relationships to acquire net new clients.
- Meeting and/or exceeds set goals including growth and profitability targets.
- Delivering financial and business advice through presentation of options with a recommendation that articulates the value to the client.
- Cross selling products and services to meet client’s goals and drive profitability.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs