As a Software Engineering Manager for our Site Reliability team, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of brilliant software engineers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, user experience designers, technical documentation team and senior leadership to drive development of Tanium’s unified endpoint management and security platform.
What you'll do:
- Build exceptional teams of highly qualified and high-performance engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Work closely with product managers and other teams to define the vision and roadmap with a focus on the needs of Tanium’s customers.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support while nurturing a collaborative, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Team with other managers to coordinate on requirements, dependencies, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead by example, leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure that the team consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Work with senior engineering leaders to adjust the composition of the team and create new teams as necessary to respond to changing business needs.
- Effectively manage projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Ensure delivery of supportable, scalable, and performant software by the team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years managing high-performing engineering teams
- You have 10+ years designing, developing, testing, and deploying software products
- You have a proven track record of architecting and delivering enterprise-level reliable and scalable solutions
- You have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software as a Service (SaaS), etc.
- You are a first principles thinker who can come up with pragmatic solutions.
- You are still an engineer at the core who loves to code even if you don’t do it all the time.
- You keep up with industry trends and can assess and utilize new technologies to help solve problems.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs