Senior Software Development Engineer, Platform Services
Our SaaS platform is used by millions of people every month and our Platform Services team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This team builds business critical platforms and services that allow ReCharge to run applications reliably at scale, providing ReCharge Engineering with forward-looking tech stack components that take advantage of the cloud (tech stack 2.0).
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Memcached
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale, as well as understand roadmap priorities.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work on and/or with asynchronous and eventing workflows, serverless, 12-factor applications, webhooks, rate limiting and token management.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience building out scalable APIs and services
- Expert knowledge of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Engineering at ReCharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at ReCharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs