Senior Software Engineer, Performance, UK
The performance team serves a vital role: understand, monitor, and improve the performance of our products to enhance user experience and reduce costs. This requires the technical skill to measure and characterize UI, database, query, storage, and networking performance as well as the communication skills needed to work across the organization to impact the product.
We are looking for someone to join our team who loves performance and is interested in instrumentation, measuring, and analyzing our SaaS Cloud product.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing technical expertise within large-scale developer data platforms, with a well-informed point of view on performance algorithms, tools, and testing techniques. Collecting, creating, and using data effectively to make informed decisions and enabling others across the organization to do the same regarding performance. You will identify measurable key performance indicators and recommend industry KPIs which you and our Engineering teams will meet or exceed.
- You will lead company benchmarking efforts, design industry benchmarks, and work with other performance-minded individuals to improve current and future versions of Influx software. Enhance automated performance measurement frameworks to support developer improvement product wide. As a performance expert, you will also interact with the community by lending your expertise to help our customers.
- The performance team will execute performance testing validating that the critical use cases conform to specified non-functional requirements. The team will execute load testing against a normally expected (median) load as well as a peak load. We will often run system profiles that will characterize and identify the system bottlenecks.
- Performance work will include UI, language, storage backend, real-time streaming, and any other aspect of our products. You will be asked to work with the Engineering Leadership Team to determine which performance projects require attention.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- You have experience developing benchmarking software
- You know how to collaborate with many teams to identify a company's value stream pipeline and where to focus on optimization
- You have prior experience working with a geographically distributed organization.
- Self motivation and a drive to get to “done”.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an established systems programming language (e.g. Java, C/C++, Go, Rust)
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems and devices. The majority of our users are developers and system integrators working with our open source software. We also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API reducing the infrastructure and time needed to get up and running with InfluxDB.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs