Remote - Wilmington, Delaware, United States
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a UX Strategist.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a UX Strategist, you are responsible for constructing the strategy and user experience approach for cutting-edge web experiences. You will work closely with Kanopi’s development teams to create the strategic blueprint for front-end experiences and tackle complex problems in a fun and team-oriented environment.
You will lead clients through the Discovery process, including but not limited to: stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and data analysis.
You will also lead clients to formalize an articulation and go-forward strategy for the User Experience phase. Taking the Discovery strategy and translating it into deliverables like user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, Information Architecture (IA), sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and responsive clickable/non-clickable wireframes.
You will be challenged to craft websites using a user-centered and data-driven approach, implementing usability testing to support your user experience approach, and can articulate the "why" behind your decisions. You can find the balance between what the client wants and what the user needs, and can make a case to gain client approval.
This position reports to Jessica Skewes, Director of Experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead clients and participates in Discovery and UX work sessions
- Create polished project artifacts like user flows, customer journey maps, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Implement usability and user testing for user-centric, data-driven UX work
- Contribute and collaborate with the creative services team to help elevate deliverables
- Approach the User Experience deliverables using an atomic design principle methodology, streamlining the user interactions for visual implementation into pattern libraries, etc.
- Most importantly, have fun working with an incredible team!
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of professional experience in web strategy and user experience
- Have 3+ of your years of experience working within an agency setting, preferably working remotely or with a distributed project team
- Have a strong portfolio providing examples of the deliverables mentioned within the job description
- Are experienced providing professional client services
- Implement a mobile-first user experience methodology
- Demonstrate professionalism and are responsive to client needs
- Respond quickly and remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Are comfortable context-switching between multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment
- Demonstrate proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Take initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commit to delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipate client needs and proactively communicate potential issues
- Have a passion for the web, open source development, and working with a community of fun, humorous folks!
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume and a link to your portfolio.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Sales Engineer Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs