At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
IT Engineer will support Segment's global presence, but this position will be located out of Segment HQ in the SF Bay area. The Segment IT team is growing to support growth throughout the company. Segment’s IT team is all about focusing on employee productivity, and achieving operational excellence.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who can develop a “customer-centric” culture by building trusted relationships with both our internal business customers and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and must have strong organizational, communication and customer service skills
- You enjoy solving difficult problems and partnering with teammates to solve them.
- Able to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- You possess excellent communication skills while having a breadth of knowledge regarding IT software (SaaS), hardware and networking.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement to our infrastructure and processes
- Help create an amazing IT experience for our employees
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills
Projects We’re Working On:
- We partnered with our Corporate Infrastructure Security team to deploy a Global Mobile Device Management solution.
- We’re partnering with Corporate Infrastructure Security to build our Zero-Trust model that supports a very mobile and global workforce.
- We’re finding ways to automate and streamline our day-to-day processes to create more time to work on challenging projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide timely resolution of problems and act as an escalation point for the team and customers.
- Design, implement, and manage cloud services in our IT infrastructure through technical project management
- Create and improve IT procedures for our various systems and services including onboarding, offboarding, and automation where possible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced issues with hardware, software, applications & networking
- Participate in interviewing, training and mentoring junior team members
- Involved in end to end IT project management related to site operations, including relocation, planning and infrastructure.
- Oversee the roll out of new software releases and system upgrades.
- Administer the following list of technologies and systems: Google Apps (GSuite),, Zoom, Slack, Okta, mobile devices, etc.
- Manage endpoint management tools (ie.Jamf, Fleetsmith, Airwatch)
- Provide Network troubleshooting/support to end users.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all IT security standards.
- Work cross-functionally with other Segment teams and offices.
- Partner with the Segment Security team enforcing security standards across all devices (Laptops: Firewall, full-disk encryption, anti-virus, screen lock. Network: Firewalls, Patching, 2FA, VPN)
- Work within our Service Desk ticketing system and ensure all rickets are responded to and updated per within company SLA’s
- Partner with the IT Support team manager to ensure all SLA’s are met in a consistent manner.
- 3-5 years experience working with systems administration or engineering with 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- Advanced experience with cloud platform administration including AWS, Okta, Google Suite or equivalent platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of managing/administrating systems including hardware, OS (Mac, Windows, [Linux is a plus])
- Advanced understanding of networking services.
- As an owner, you take initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the team using excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk administration or similar service desk ticketing system
- Strong ability to collaborate and effectively communicate both via documentation and cross team.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related field
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Knowledge of ITIL framework/standard methodologies and ability to understand the concepts of identity management for enterprise systems.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs