UX / UI Designer
Remote - Wilmington, Delaware, United States
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a UX / UI Designer.
ABOUT THE JOB
You are an experienced User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) Designer, hired to construct the strategy and design approach for cutting-edge web experiences. You will work closely with Kanopi’s development teams to design/create beautiful front-end experiences and tackle complex problems in a fun and team-oriented environment.
As a UX / UI Designer, your day may include:
- Leading clients and participating in UX work sessions
- Presenting deliverables in a clear and articulate manner
- Creating polished project artifacts like personas, user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, mood boards, pattern libraries, design mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Implementing usability testing for user-centric, data-driven design work
- Consulting in all aspects of the software development life-cycle to ensure execution of client and UX/design vision
- Contributing to all UI / UX decisions
- Assisting in the overall process of making Kanopi awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation are commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- Must have proven website design experience
- Must have agency experience
- Must have experience working remotely or with a distributed project team
- Implements a mobile-first design methodology
- Demonstrates professionalism and is responsive to client needs
- Responds quickly and remaining flexible in a rapidly-changing environment
- Prioritizes multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment
- Possesses proven intelligence and initiative
- Utilizes strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commits to delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipates client needs and potential issues
- Creates layered design mockups for responsive theme implementation
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in related majors for UX and/or Visual Design, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working with website UX and/or Visual Design
- Passion for the web and open source development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs