Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco, CA - Remote
Posted 1 month ago
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart, our mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Millions of customers every year use Instacart to buy their groceries online, and the Data Engineering team is building the critical data pipelines that underpin all of the myriad of ways that data is used across Instacart to support our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
On the Data Engineering team at Instacart, our mission is to provide everyone at Instacart with simple access to timely, correct, and reliable data. You’ll collaborate with Infrastructure, Data Scientists, Analysts, and many other teams across Instacart. The team manages petabytes of data used by hundreds of people across the company for the core product, machine learning, reporting, analysis, and much more.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will work closely with engineers and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Proficiency with SQL; knowledge of a data processing language (such as R or Python).
- Adept at fluently communicating with many cross-functional stakeholders to derive requirements and design shared datasets.
- A strong sense of ownership, and an ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of working experience in a Data Engineering or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines; We are hiring for all levels.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs