Senior Site Reliability Engineer
komootWe love tech, we love nature, we make it easy for people to discover the best outdoor places. With just one tap.
Posted 1 month ago
Find, plan, and share adventures with komoot. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 19 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide for people who love adventures.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
We provide the backend APIs for the number one outdoor app. We handle millions of requests every hour with our APIs, queues, event pipelines and functions. Running this infrastructure on AWS provides countless challenges around automation, authentication, monitoring, alerting, fraud detection, security and compliance. As a site reliability engineer you join a team of backend developers who live and breathe the DevOps principle “you build it you run it”. We’re looking for a new team member who can support us to build a reliable and worldwide (AWS) infrastructure for the next billion requests.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Suggest and implement security and compliance improvements to our AWS organization like configuration rules, centralized logging, metrics and alerting
- Identify scaling bottlenecks across our services and improve our AWS infrastructure
- Level-up our CI/CD pipelines with security checks and “production readiness” checks
- Build and maintain robust core services like our oauth2 authentication api for our internal and external clients (java/kotlin)
- Develop countermeasures against content scraping, spam and fraud
Why you will love it
- You work on the global (AWS) infrastructure for one of the most popular consumer applications. You work impacts millions of people who enjoy the great outdoors
- We believe good ideas count more than job titles
- You join a team of motivated backend engineers. We support each other and together we’re responsible for running our APIs.
- You’ll work together with enthusiastic engineers, we all love and use the product we build
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working location of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Are a great communicator in a diverse team
- Have 3+ years of professional experience in running production workloads on AWS with EC2, Docker, ECS/Fargate, API Gateway and Lambda
- Have 3+ years professional experience with monitoring, logging and AWS security/configuration best-practices
- Have experience running a global production environment at web-scale, including being on-call. You have a good feeling for performance and latencies. DNS and TLS are baked into your DNA.
- Have 3+ years experience with Java/Kotlin/Scala
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your account on GitHub, Twitter, Instagram, Medium or your blog.
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days vacation (public holiday included)
- Fully remote team (working from UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezones)
- Latest tech and tools you need to succeed to do your best work
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year
- Curiosity grant and many more
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs