Technical Recruiting Director
Remote - US
We’re Onna: a fast-growing tech startup based in New York with offices in Barcelona and Research Triangle Park. Our international team is composed of fun, experienced, and hard-working individuals on a mission to make information easily accessible and useful, no matter where it lives. Our platform connects popular applications like GSuite, Slack, Office 365 and makes information accessible, useful, and private for our clients (Electronic Arts, Dropbox, and Fitbit, to name a few.) In May 2019 we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox - and we’re focused on building an amazing team to deliver the best product possible.
We’re looking for a Technical Recruiting Director to lead our hiring efforts and build a strong employer brand in the Raleigh, NC market. This position will lead hiring for technical roles, primarily across the Product and Engineering teams.
The right fit for this role is someone with deep experience in high growth environments and strong knowledge of current trends, innovations, and best practices in talent acquisition. The ideal candidate also has proven experience with hiring at all levels and owning every aspect of full-cycle recruiting within an organization.
If you’re excited to join a small but fast-growing team, we want to meet you! Our work environment is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We’ll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Implement recruiting practices and processes that mirror those put in place for our business team, ensuring standardization across markets
- Partner with the broader People team to champion the Onna culture and ensure cultural consistency as the company grows
- Ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Build long term strategies to increase our employer brand
- Manage the recruiting budget and all associated recruiting expenses
- Build trust, credibility and establish relationships with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs, challenges, and business objectives
- Leverage Greenhouse to regularly report on key recruiting metrics, using insights to inform strategy, decision-making, and process changes
- Gather feedback to continuously improve our recruiting process, making sure that our process is inclusive, efficient, streamlined, and focused on the candidate experience
Who you are and what you can do:
- You have familiarity with the digital product development process and can attract high-level technical and design talent.
- You have strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You’re a driver - you set and consistently hit goals with a passion.
- You’re analytical and feel comfortable using numbers to dissect problems and communicate insights.
- You’re a people person - work with people naturally motivates and energizes you and you use feedback as fuel to improve yourself and your team.
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator - you’re able to understand various perspectives and translate business needs into strategic hiring targets, then partner closely with hiring managers to coach them and facilitate attracting and hiring amazing talent.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to develop and iterate on processes.
- You have a strong technical acumen and the ability to explain tech stacks and architecture; knowledge of python is ideal
- You have excellent analytical skills; comfortable using numbers to dissect problems and communicate insights
- 7+ years of recruiting experience
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience
- Previous ownership of every aspect of full-cycle recruiting within an organization
- Proven ability to attract, hire, and retain world-class talent
- Experience working within an ATS; preferably Greenhouse
- Evidence of proactively building a strong employer brand
- Previous experience working in a high growth startup environment a plus
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly group activities
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the US.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.