Director of Data Engineering
CipherHealth is an award-winning healthcare technology company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of scalable and flexible patient engagement solutions for healthcare organizations to keep patients, staff, families and communities up to date and informed about their preventative, acute or elective care -- whether it is in a hospital, clinic, facility, at home or anywhere in between.
In this historic time, when the entire globe is facing a global healthcare crisis, CipherHealth is out in front helping hundreds of leading healthcare providers like UCSF, Johns Hopkins and University of Pennsylvania manage through this pandemic and beyond with solutions that enable them to deliver remarkable in-care experiences and impactful around-care engagement that empower patients and staff, reduce friction and waste, and drive best possible outcomes.
How can you join the movement?
CipherHealth is seeking a bright, hard working, tech savvy person to serve as Director of Data Engineering to manage the continued development of our data platform supporting several core products and hundreds of different modules in a wide range of applications.
- Work in collaboration with Product and Technology management to support, contribute to and execute on the data platform and product vision
- Directly manage the work of data engineers, sql engineers, and reporting engineers including the development and application of a performance management framework
- Manage the data engineering recruitment process to grow the team according to plan
- Develop training and continuous development methodologies to ensure high quality talent has a meaningful path forward with us for years to come
- Assess and select solutions to improve our application performance, stability, and maintainability
- 7+ years experience with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- 2+ years in management/lead function
- Formal engineering background, ideally with an advanced CS degree
- Exceptional communication skills and consensus building skills
- Passion for helping people: our developers, our team, and the customers we serve
- Demonstrable experience with Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Airflow, dbt, Python, embedded analytics solutions, and related technologies