Associate Manager, Compliance Analytics - Data & Reporting
Remote - USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Associate Manager, Compliance Analytics - Data Governance & Reporting will work within the Compliance Technology team to build and maintain accurate and consistent internal and external reports, Financial Crime Compliance Reports and Dashboard, and govern data from source systems and between TMS, KYC, Sanctions, and Customer Risk Rating products.
The ideal candidate should have strong data analytics, SQL, Python, and data visualization skills. In addition, the candidate should have working knowledge of BSA/AML compliance, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and customer risk rating.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Analytics and Reporting
- Define Compliance Analytics and Reporting Vision and Roadmap
- Translate vague and complex reporting requests into clear and actionable requirements
- Design and build self-service dashboards and reports, including the use of visualizations
- Own management performance dashboards which will aid in data-driven decision making
- Define productivity metrics and build dashboards to trigger TMS Threshold Tuning
- Produce Data Extracts for State, Federal and International Regulators
- Develop system performance metrics, such as outage and delay metrics
- Implement a Testing and QA process to ensure consistent and accurate data is produced
- Handle backlog of work and active sprints using Jira
- Manage and mentor team members as necessary
- Data Governance
- Define Compliance Data Governance Vision and Roadmap
- Design a Compliance Data Governance program to control quality of data feeding into and between Compliance Products such as TMS, Sanctions, KYC, Risk Rating and MI
- Build controls such as Reconciliation, Completeness, Consistency and Referential Integrity
- Design and build dashboards to monitor data quality, and generate triggers when a data issue is detected. Dashboards should also track trends over time.
- Confidently and clearly triage incidents and resolve with owners
- Implement and lead Change Management Process for Reference Data
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience gained at a technology, large consulting or financial technology firm
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL, Python and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Redash, and Looker
- Strong transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, KYC and/or risk rating experience.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements development, system design, development, testing and production launch.
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision.
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including writing formal documentation)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus but not a prerequisite.
- Model Validation and working with external examinations
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, including SCRUM
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.