Back-End Engineer (Sr. Level Data Engineer)
Weave - Headquarter
***Remote work is available for this role***
Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave’s complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline their communication, payments and marketing - all from one place - and continually provide a phenomenal customer experience.
At the core of Weave’s growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for talented people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. In 2019, Weave received several significant awards, including the Fortune 100 Best Companies, Forbes Cloud 100, and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies.
Don’t believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 13,000+ customers love Weave - Our Story OR head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, data, scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply these, and other skills, to new and ongoing projects to make data more available, and easier to discover and use.
Our teams comprise of cross-functional agile teams composed of a product owner, backend and frontend devs and devops. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
The Data Analytics team mission is to build a product for small businesses that delivers critical analytic capabilities and insights. As a member of the Data Analytics team, you will work to build out our data pipelines and reporting from our data warehouse consisting of terabytes of data. Integrating machine learning to provide deeper insights will be a critical piece to the future of our product. This is the opportunity to be one of the first engineers on the team working to develop a new product. You will have a lot of influence on how we accomplish the goal of empowering small businesses. What you'll be doing at Weave:
- Design and Develop core data platform components for enabling business process orchestration and workflows.
- Build scalable, resilient services to support data integration, event processing, and platform extensions.
- Contribute to the continued evolution of product functionality that services large amounts of data and traffic.
- Write code that is high-quality, performant, sustainable, and testable while holding yourself accountable for the quality of the code you produce.
- Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team. You enjoy working closely with others - helping them grow by sharing expertise and encouraging best practices.
- Implement this functionality through several distributed components and services.
- Work with our stakeholders to translate product goals into actionable engineering plans.
- High integrity, team-focused approach, and collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Weave
- Responsive person with a strong bias for action
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects on time and have experience working in enterprise-grade production environments
- Strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude and a passion for execution
- 3+ years experience as a data engineer working with large scale datasets.
- Highly skilled at SQL.
- Coding experience in any back-end language. Preferably in Go or Python.
- Experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience moving and storing TBs of data or 100’s of millions of records.
- Understanding of distributed systems and building scalable, redundant, and observable services
- Expertise in leveraging messaging systems, distributed data stores and NoSQL technologies (e.g., Kafka, Google PubSub, Bigtable, Spanner, Vertica, Vitess, S3, Iceberg, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with employer match
- Financial Planners
- Flexible PTO
- Family Friendly (Family activities)
- New office with amenities
- Free Haircuts (Onsite Salon)
- Generous maternity/paternity policy
- Commuter benefits (UTA Pass)
- Flexible schedules (currently working from home due to Covid-19)
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative: Help clarify goals, gain self-awareness, commit to action steps, etc.
- Career growth opportunities in hyper-growth company