Partner Development Director, SLED - SouthEast
Tanium’s State, Local and Education (SLED) partner ecosystem plays a critical role in helping our customers transform their IT operations using our paradigm-shifting technology. Going beyond transaction-focused product resale, our symbiotic relationships with consultancies and systems integrators drive new business and expansion within existing customers.
The Partner Development Director works within Tanium’s Global Partner Sales team to recruit, enable, and align our teams with our SLED partners to achieve regional and area sales targets. This role will own, develop and execute regional SLED Partner Business Plans to ensure partners are skilled to sell and deliver services in support of their Tanium business.
What you'll do:
- Work with Tanium regional sales VP to develop and execute a Partner Plan for the business
- Be the regional SLED partner expert supporting Tanium sales, operations and enablement teams
- Engage in executive level discussions with our existing or targeted partners regarding how Tanium can add value to a partner’s business
- Demonstrate to partner executives and solution leaders how Tanium can become a profitable business model for them and convince them to invest in developing their Tanium business
- Proactively work with partner sales and Tanium sales teams to identify accounts and win new and expansion business
- Work with partner and Tanium resources to make sure contracting vehicles are in place and constantly identify future contracts opportunities
- Educate Tanium sales teams on partners unique value propositions and coach them on how to work with partners to increase their productivity
- Plan, coordinate and execute meetings/workshops to train our partners (sales and engineers) how to identify, pitch, demo and implement Tanium
- Develop and execute regional marketing programs/events/campaigns/sales plays with Tanium and partner marketing/sales teams to create interest and drive demand for Tanium products and services. Measure and deliver ROI metrics for all activities
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, existing and target partner accounts, & competitive landscape
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each strategic partner business and what drives their success. Demonstrate value by aligning a relevant value proposition from Tanium with the partner's strategy and objectives
We're looking for someone with:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a regional or national partner sales role in SLED industry required
- Experience working with value added resellers, system integrators, or MSPs with understanding how these companies deliver services in the SLED industry
- Experience working for a national services-led company, such as a VAR or system integrator strongly preferred
- Experience creating and successfully managing a SLED based regional or national partner business required
- Strong knowledge of procurement vehicles (local, regional, national) across the SLED market segments
- Experience as a quota carrying sales rep or business development position with a successful track record strongly preferred
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Masters preferred
- Proactive style, capable of hands-on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical, business development, sales, and executive roles
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to operate independently while managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ability to enthusiastically evangelize the Tanium message to strategic partners and their customers
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.