Regional Director of Account Development, North America
The Regional Director of Account Development will be responsible for the North American Account Development Team (ADT), reporting into the Director of Global Sales Development. This leadership position will be responsible for driving qualified meetings through the teams inbound and outbound activities, account based marketing support and multi-threading activities for the purpose of developing a pipeline from both new sales and upsell opportunities. This role will lead, empower and cultivate the MDR, BDR, SDR and the ADT Managers to develop and constantly and consistently improve. The Regional Director will be closely aligned with sales, field marketing and channel leadership to ensure constant alignment, The successful candidate for this role should thoroughly understand inbound and outbound process and activities, sales prospecting and sales opportunity qualification. Within the technology sector they would have a proven track record leading Inside Sales or Sales Development teams as well as first line managers reporting into them. Experience of very large enterprise B2B sales prospecting, opportunity qualification, and a thorough understanding of the Sirius Decisions funnel, would be ideal. Demonstration of a passion for coaching, mentoring and developing others is essential, as well as strategic leadership, critical thinking and the ability to thrive in a rapid change and growth environment.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Account Development Managers in the North America market utilizing fundamentals and best practice disciplines
- Develop and lead all aspects of the Account Development strategy, segmentation and expansion as it aligns with Taniums vision and mission
- Maintain a consistent and growing team of Account Development Leaders as well as Marketing, Business and Sales Development Representatives
- Be responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, and ongoing development of the North American MDR, BDR & SDR Managers whilst ensuring they demonstrate the required standards of performance (SOP)
- Deliver predictable, scalable and repeatable results across all aspects of the Account Development Team as well providing accurate forecasting across monthly and quarterly goals
- Develop fully detailed policies and procedures, as well as reporting and forecast metrics for hiring, onboarding, training, role execution and pipeline impact that is consistent with centralized global best practices
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Operations to establish reports, dashboards, and analysis
- Provide visibility into team activities and drive operational excellence through rigorous adherence to standards and auditability
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations for process improvements with the aim of increased productivity and efficiency of the team
- Provide strategic direction around organization design, scaling and cross functional alignment
- Manage regional targets and undertake full funnel activity monitoring and reporting providing recommendations for optimization
- Ensure consistent on ongoing alignment with Sales, Marketing and Channel teams by maintaining close working relationships with appropriate leadership team members
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, Business or Technology or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales Development and/or Inside Sales in the Enterprise Software space and with fast-growing organizations
- 7+ years of SDR/BDR/ISR people management experience, with at least 2 year in a second-line role
- Experienced with leading a sales development team and/or sales experience in outbound B2B, high-tech sales with proven success of goal achievement
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Proven performance and experience within a high technology environment, ideally during a fast-growth period.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com CRM, Pardot, LinkedIn and prospecting tools
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment with multiple partners and strategic priorities
- Experience with CRM solutions required; Salesforce.com preferred
- Advanced knowledge of demand generation and lead nurturing/scoring is required
- A growth mindset; forward-leaning and innovative while focused on continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Technical acumen required
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.