Director, National Lab and CRO Business Development
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The successful candidate brings to this role proven business development and/or sales/consulting experience, the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams, as well as technical and commercial perspective on Pharmaceutical sponsored biomarker clinical trials. This role will focus on creating and negotiating strategic partnerships with Contract Research Organizations (CRO’s) and National Laboratories who support biomarker informed clinical development. The expansion of a strong CRO and National Lab network will enable these organizations to benefit from Archer’s portfolio of current and future Companion Diagnostic (CDx) solutions, thereby enabling greater access to clinical trial support and development. The candidate will be highly collaborative and will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders within the organization including Precision Medicine BD peers, Pharma BD, CDx/IVD internal development teams, Alliance Management, Legal, Finance, Regulatory, and Clinical teams.
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Formulate strategy for development of CRO and National Lab partnerships
- Develop and execute business plans for defined targeted accounts. Complete a territory business analysis for management review on a quarterly basis.
- Manage ArcherDx’ Clinical Trial Network of CRO’s with global reach aligned to ArcherDx’ CDx strategy.
- Enable “Day One” readiness of National Lab partners to deliver testing immediately upon approval of regulated solutions
- Work closely with Pharma BD and Alliance Management teams to accelerate current opportunities, generate and share leads with peers, and continue to collaborate to drive revenue for ArcherDx product lines
- Maintain and develop the CRM database, provide accurate monthly sales pipelines and forecasts
- Review, understand, and comply with all regulatory and required policies and procedures (ie. HIPAA, GDPR, IT, etc).
- Field – Global
- Skilled communicator comfortable working with senior level leaders at top pharma and effective communicating strategy to both internal and external audiences
- Undergraduate (minimum) or Graduate qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred
- Strong understanding of the Pharmaceutical therapeutic area development and research process.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans
- Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- Minimum 3-5 years of business development, sales or market development experience with direct ownership of Key Accounts (Regulated markets preferred)
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements (PMA, CE-IVD, GLP, GCP, GMP, CLIA) within the CDx Co-development process to align with therapeutic processes
- Willingness to travel (~ 25-50%)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Clinical, Pharma, or Medical background/sales experience, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Proven track record in interaction with customers involving business development, sales and applications support within regulated Pharmaceutical or Centrals and Specialty Lab markets
- Strong collaboration skills with team orientation
- Commercial insight and the ability to position a technical solution
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in the Life Science or Diagnostic industry
- Understanding of Next Generation Sequencing applications and products including their use in the clinical and regulated space.
- Excellent forecasting and revenue goal achievement skills through strategic selling practices
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred / Self Starter
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking and presentations
- Demonstrated effectiveness with negotiation skills and relationship management
- Experience with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.